I have a dream

I had an idea recently. I wanted to start up a centre for autistic people, one where we could create a business, but one of such low stress that it would exist only to pay the bills and a little earnings for the group. It involves growing food and living a peaceful working life. Skills are not necessary as I can teach them and the ones I don't have we can get someone to teach us. I always wanted to start it as a business but couldn't get the funding. My credit isn't good enough apparently and this was from a company that redistributes tax payers money to people who can't get funding from banks ! It's an old story is it not?

If there is anyone out there who would like to join me in creating something just for us on the autistic spectrum then get in touch. Let us build something that can keep us and our fellows safe and separate from the so called 'Normal People'. I have many skills and teaching qualifications and I'm sure that out there there are many other autistic people who can get together, work towards real happiness and support each other to progress.

I am currently trying other avenues to try and get funding. I already have the site that's available, I also have had  the planning permission to start the business so if there is anyone out there who would be interested in a peaceful nourishing working and living environment the please contact me.

Imagine what it would be like.......

• I would like to echo California's comments.

• Ok then, that's what I like to hear. Spread the word. I am on it already re the funding. have to be registered as a social network but it's easier to get funding that way.

• Yes you are right, but, we have to start somewhere of course. I've found that out the hard way when I wanted to start it off. too much to do. In due time it would be nice if many doors could be opened.

• I really like the idea.

I am very interested in a low stress business.

I am interested in growing food and living a peaceful working life.

I would be interested to join you in creating something just for us on the autism spectrum that can keep us and our fellows safe and separate from the NT people.

I am very interested in a peaceful nourishing working and living environment and work towards real happiness.

• I think I know what you mean. I don't mean to throw a spanner in the works, just my opinion and suggestions, but they're optional.

Something like this could be more of a haven. We have a lot to offer the world, so I don't think it would be right to completely separate ourselves from "Normal People", but certainly have somewhere to escape to. In this place we would have access to the expertise and understanding we need not only to survive but to thrive.

Now beyond growing food - which is a necessity - we could have other skill areas. Don't get me wrong, I get a lot of satisfaction from growing vegetables, I just don't have time for it these days, but I could certainly do it. I might have to if / when I lose my job. We could have teams of people across different industries, all working and training together in different departments. Growing food could be a start, but autistic people are just as diverse as the normals, so we'd need to offer a range of livelihoods to suit. Otherwise we'd be turning a lot of valuable people away.