Mods Please Make the Spam Stop

It would be nice to feel like someone was watching out for us to keep everyone safe. Please make it go away, it's a layer of confusion and the worst side of NT ness that we don't need. :(

Parents
  • Hello community users,

We are sorry for the spam that hit the forum over the weekend. As you saw, we removed it as soon as we could.

As forum contributors, you can help by reporting such messages as Abusive (via the More link below a message). The more genuine contributors who report such messages, the quicker the response can be. If a user has obviously registered only to post spam, you can also report the user as Abusive from that user’s profile page. Obviously the abuse system is best used for these deliberate nuisance posts and for anything that seems to be intentionally highly offensive; this forum is very tolerant of different views and perspectives, even where others might not agree with what is said.

We have made some adjustments to the settings in the automated anti-abuse systems that are provided by this forum software. Obviously, we want to do that without accidentally having an effect on genuine messages, that may innocently contain banned words and so on. One of the good features of this system, however, relates to the concept of a contributor’s “reputation”, something which has caused a bit of discussion over the past six months. The fact that you have established a reputation as a poster of genuine messages helps to “protect” your messages from the anti-abuse systems.

Kind regards,

Ayshe Mod

• Thank you for the clarification on reporting this kind of thing as abusive, I did report several of the messages but wasn't sure that was the right thing to do, now I know.

Good to know the dreaded points system is good for something! Fingers crossed we are not subjected to this again any time soon.

• Thank you for the clarification on reporting this kind of thing as abusive, I did report several of the messages but wasn't sure that was the right thing to do, now I know.

Good to know the dreaded points system is good for something! Fingers crossed we are not subjected to this again any time soon.

Children
No Data