Bit of a ramble following another shutdown...

Yet again I have had another shutdown at work and have been sent home.

I was off work before Christmas due to the shutdowns and started to feel better after a few weeks.  I have only been back at work for just over 3 days and I have had another one.

As a result, I am now worrying about my security in my job and the prospect of finding another job in a similar role.  Since my shutdowns have become worse, the director of my department no longer speaks to me and I have yet to see the follow-up from occupational health.  My boss appears to be supportive, but I am aware I am bringing little value to the company at the moment.

My confidence is currently really low and I am frustrated I can't manage things better.  There seems to be no help and support as I am considered to be very HF and so don't qualify for adjustments, support, guidance etc.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and whether you manage to get the help and support you need?

I am worried about my employment as I have a hefty mortgage to pay with no financial support from family etc.  I can't afford to lose my job as I have been down this route before and ended up being homeless.

Sorry for ramblings and lack of cohesion, my anxiety is very high and I still haven't recovered properly.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Robert123,

I haven't been on the forums as much as I have been trying to focus on getting well ready for my return to work.  I'm sorry to hear things haven't improved for you.  :-(

It's not a nice situation to be in and I wish I had a magic wand to make everything wonderful.  If homelessness is a real threat and you don't own or have a mortgage on your home, I would suggest getting in touch with the council to see what emergency accommodation is available - there is normally a waiting list unless you are deemed as being vulnerable, although I would argue everyone is who is facing this type of situation.  If you do own or have a mortgage on your home then it's very difficult as you are not seen as being viable for support unless you are actually homeless.

It seems such a backward way of working to me, but what do I know.

I hope something comes through for you soon.