Should you say you have Asperger's/ASD if undiagnosed?

Parents
  • As soon as I realised I was autistic, I told everyone, which was 18 months before I got the diagnosis. I also applied for benefits etc and confirmed that I was autistic. And if anyone treats you badly because of it, they’re discriminating you which is against the law. I think it’s helpful to disclose it because if you do need any support or need to leave the room or whatever due to sensory overload, they will understand and you won’t have to give a big explanation as to why. As Hani-andis said, you don’t need a formal diagnosis to identify yourself as autistic, and I also like to tell people because why not. If we don’t tell them who we are they won’t know we exist and I somehow don’t have the ability to not tell them. Lol! 

• As soon as I realised I was autistic, I told everyone, which was 18 months before I got the diagnosis. I also applied for benefits etc and confirmed that I was autistic. And if anyone treats you badly because of it, they’re discriminating you which is against the law. I think it’s helpful to disclose it because if you do need any support or need to leave the room or whatever due to sensory overload, they will understand and you won’t have to give a big explanation as to why. As Hani-andis said, you don’t need a formal diagnosis to identify yourself as autistic, and I also like to tell people because why not. If we don’t tell them who we are they won’t know we exist and I somehow don’t have the ability to not tell them. Lol! 

Children
No Data