Psychiatry uk assessment - why the focus on childhood?? Partway through and likely to get discharged because I’ve not enough evidence as a kid?

As in the title really. I’m scoring high on self-diagnosis questionnaires and was referred at the advice of single point of access and my GP, but I don’t really remember that much about childhood as I’m 43 and my parents are nearly 80 so remember even less. My school reports focus entirely on how good I am at my subjects and give no background on me as a person. I have no siblings and no childhood friends. I’ve done a first assessment and have a follow up later this week and as all the questions focussed entirely on childhood apparently there’s little evidence of anything. Not sure why I’m putting this on really. I just feel a bit desperate as I thought I had started to understand myself a bit better but maybe not? Don’t they take anything from adulthood into account at all?

Parents
  • i dunno im 34 and i can say alot about my childhood and remember it for how bad it was at school and how i was bullied by everyone and a outcast, how after school i pretty much self isolated and shut in for years which all match the autism criteria.

if you cant remember your childhood then perhaps thats a memory issue that may tick some criteria of something as alot of disorders do have memory issues.

• i dunno im 34 and i can say alot about my childhood and remember it for how bad it was at school and how i was bullied by everyone and a outcast, how after school i pretty much self isolated and shut in for years which all match the autism criteria.

if you cant remember your childhood then perhaps thats a memory issue that may tick some criteria of something as alot of disorders do have memory issues.

Children
No Data