Does anybody else check their face expressions in the mirror after conversations?

The title really. I often find myself after conversations, even if nothings gone wrong in the conversation, going to the mirror and checking my facial expressions to see if my face looked 'normal' during said convo. Does anyone else do this? 

Parents
  • to see if my face looked 'normal' during said convo. Does anyone else do this? 

If the conversation has finished then you are probably going to be in a different "mode" of masking so checking your face won't tell you how you looked back then.

You need a hand mirror to hold up and check during the conversation to make sure you look totally normal and not strange in the slightest Wink

Sorry, I only jest as when you rationalise it then it is not telling you what you want to know.

In answer to your question, no I don't.

• Yes, I agree. Afterwards it’s different. I saw myself on a video (it was in late 90’s, I was around 10) I couldn’t watch myself there. Awful! I stood up and frustrated left the room. Other kids were so expressive and I had some sort of “wooden expression” and I hated that. I had feelings that I was watching a slightly disabled child - myself. I didn’t see it from inside or in the mirror. Now I know my subconscious impression of seeing a slightly disabled child was right. First I thought I was just ugly but then I understood, it wasn’t me ugly, it was something wrong with me. 

• Wooden heart - Elvis Presely . Flat affect. is a symptom of many disorders, schizophrenia, strokes, autisms, depression. I m not sure sometimes if i'm just a schizophrenic in a bad mood. (people drive me crazy after a while) I'm not sure if i always had a flat expression, but i think so. I might have been more expressive as child though. But life wears that down. That childlike enthusiasm.

• I think I got more expressive as an adult due to masking or at least this is what I think. I can’t see myself from outside and mirror reflection is not enough. I’m fact i often get asked why I’m sad when I’m not. Probably it’s people misinterpreting my flat expression as sadness. I also hear that I have robotic moves and that generally I’m weird 

• I think I got more expressive as an adult due to masking or at least this is what I think. I can’t see myself from outside and mirror reflection is not enough. I’m fact i often get asked why I’m sad when I’m not. Probably it’s people misinterpreting my flat expression as sadness. I also hear that I have robotic moves and that generally I’m weird 

Children
No Data