Recent diagnosis

Hi, I am 48 years old and have just recently received a diagnosis of autism.  I have probably suffered with my mental health (depression and anxiety) for most of my life.  I see this diagnosis a huge positive for me and I am hoping that the quality of my life will improve.  I was wondering if any particular meds are helpful for people with autism.  I am also perimenopausal and so my concentration and anxiety have seemed to worsen along with communication problems.  

I am not on social media but wondering also if there are any zoom support groups which operate?  I would also appreciate any suggestions etc.

Parents
  •       Welcome. You are in good company here. Your life will improve.  Things will get simpler.

I don't use meds at all but I do watch my diet, including my mental diet!

There is a thread going about our experiences with menopause if you would like to join in there too.

It's under the women and Girls section.

This forum is my one and only ever social media experience, too. It's been extremely positive for me. I'm 69.

Here is a good book for where you are in your menopause journey.

"Wise Woman Ways, the menopausal years" by Susan Weed.

Good hunting!

•       Welcome. You are in good company here. Your life will improve.  Things will get simpler.

I don't use meds at all but I do watch my diet, including my mental diet!

There is a thread going about our experiences with menopause if you would like to join in there too.

It's under the women and Girls section.

This forum is my one and only ever social media experience, too. It's been extremely positive for me. I'm 69.

Here is a good book for where you are in your menopause journey.

"Wise Woman Ways, the menopausal years" by Susan Weed.

Good hunting!

Children
No Data