Recent diagnosis

Hi, I am 48 years old and have just recently received a diagnosis of autism.  I have probably suffered with my mental health (depression and anxiety) for most of my life.  I see this diagnosis a huge positive for me and I am hoping that the quality of my life will improve.  I was wondering if any particular meds are helpful for people with autism.  I am also perimenopausal and so my concentration and anxiety have seemed to worsen along with communication problems.  

I am not on social media but wondering also if there are any zoom support groups which operate?  I would also appreciate any suggestions etc.

Parents
  • Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure about Zoom support groups, but I will tag in the moderator to see if NAS still do Zoom groups. 

I'm also not sure about meds (sorry). I am on meds for anxiety and depression, but that is because I also have bipolar disorder, so have them for that.

We've recently started a thread about managing the menopause here. I'm sorry that your perimenopause is proving a problem! Mine was mainly physical problems but other people have suggested that it is also mentally affecting me.

Here's the link to the thread: https://community.autism.org.uk/f/women-and-girls/36246/menopause-your-experiences

Take care and once again, welcome!

• Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure about Zoom support groups, but I will tag in the moderator to see if NAS still do Zoom groups. 

I'm also not sure about meds (sorry). I am on meds for anxiety and depression, but that is because I also have bipolar disorder, so have them for that.

We've recently started a thread about managing the menopause here. I'm sorry that your perimenopause is proving a problem! Mine was mainly physical problems but other people have suggested that it is also mentally affecting me.

Here's the link to the thread: https://community.autism.org.uk/f/women-and-girls/36246/menopause-your-experiences

Take care and once again, welcome!

Children