Newly Diagnosed

I'm not really sure what to write if I'm honest...

So I had an assessment via Right to Choose on Tuesday and the psychiatrist gave me a diagnosis of 'ASD'. It explains so much of why I've always felt like an outcast (sometimes even amongst the other 'outcasts') but my overwhelming feeling is of anger - why it wasn't picked up when I was younger and why I had to struggle so much through High School and the horrendous bullying I've gone through in work places. I'm already in therapy for neurodivergent people or those suspected to be neurodivergent which has helped somewhat but I still can't shake the anger side of things.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Parents
  • Hi I relate so much to you on this frustration and anger towards peers not noticing my struggles were much more than they may of thought. Like you I also struggled through high school and was bullied at school and also feels like I was bullied at home too. I am too in therapy and have an autistic therapist which has been so validating to have someone say oh yeah that's completely valid to feel that way.

I hope therapy has been working well for you and you're finding the unmasking process somewhat easy to do (I know everyones journey is different).

Here to chat if you want to! Relaxed

• Hi I relate so much to you on this frustration and anger towards peers not noticing my struggles were much more than they may of thought. Like you I also struggled through high school and was bullied at school and also feels like I was bullied at home too. I am too in therapy and have an autistic therapist which has been so validating to have someone say oh yeah that's completely valid to feel that way.

I hope therapy has been working well for you and you're finding the unmasking process somewhat easy to do (I know everyones journey is different).

Here to chat if you want to! Relaxed

Children
No Data