Blue Badge

Hiya, im new here and im after some advice please.

My son is asd (aspergers) and has started to run! He has run from his classroom and 'hidden' a few times.

My question is, im thinking of appling for a blue badge for him, hes HRC and LRM. I have read the difficultlies alot of asd parents have in getting a badge, but im wondering if i sent a letter from my sons Headmistress backing up my claim about his running off, it would help or make any difference?? Or maybe i shouldnt even bother appling???

Would love to hear from anyone who has managed to get one and what they needed in order to get it.

Thanks in advance xxx

Parents
  • There's no middle rate mobility. It's generally only higher rate mobility; unless your child is registered blind, has epilepsy, needs to be near a hospital / vehicle for medical treatment, has severe walking difficulties or has bulky medical equipment.

• There's no middle rate mobility. It's generally only higher rate mobility; unless your child is registered blind, has epilepsy, needs to be near a hospital / vehicle for medical treatment, has severe walking difficulties or has bulky medical equipment.

Children
No Data