son refusing to get dressed or go out please help

my son will be 4 in  march, hes autistic , was diagnoised last year, their was a incident that happened at nursery, were my son pulled the teachers hair, then the following day he refused to get dressed, this has been going on now for 5mths, he will not even go out side, he will stay in the one room all day, and now he refusing to get a bath, or have his hair washed or even brush his teeth, ive been having proffesoial help 3 times a week for 4mths, to top things off hes loosing skills aswell, hes been offered a place in a special school. i cant get him their he wont get dressed, p lease im very desprate for help

Parents
  • I have an eleven year old son who has been referred for assesment, his behaviour is getting worse, he will not wash his hair, or have it cut,and more recently has been refusing to go to school, I am a single mum and i battle every morning to try and get him to go, always with the same outcome, he becomes aggitated, his legs and feet are constantly moving then he starts screaming holding his head and saying it hurts, the week before last he started biting his arms and hands and banging his head on the side rail of his bed, i'm just not sure how to deal with his behaviour, it is so upsetting and whilst his form teacher seems understanding the headmistress contacted education welfare before christmas because of my son's absence, even though he had a broken leg at the time, an injury sustained at school, she wrote to me stating that he was choosing when he wanted to come to school. My son also has times when he 'switches off' all communication stops and he appears to go into a trance like state, he does not look at anyone, sometimes covers his ears, or hides his head, his legs start to shake and he will not speak, at school he has been known to crawl under tables or even fall asleep almost instantly, when this happens at school they call me, yet when this happens at home i have nobody to help me deal with it. Any suggestions for coping strategies would be welcomed as i'm not sure how much longer i can cope with it, my son's assessment is in 2 weeks, but even if i get a diagnosis i cannot see a way forward right now.

• Unfortunately, Education Welfare can be patchy. In some areas, it is more like education social work and the workers are skilled professionals. In others, the  "Attendance Officers" get the same basic training as TAs but with a focus on attendance, and have limited knowledge of autism.  If you get threatening letters about Fixed Penalty Notices or prosecution, consult a solicitor or advice service at once.

• Unfortunately, Education Welfare can be patchy. In some areas, it is more like education social work and the workers are skilled professionals. In others, the  "Attendance Officers" get the same basic training as TAs but with a focus on attendance, and have limited knowledge of autism.  If you get threatening letters about Fixed Penalty Notices or prosecution, consult a solicitor or advice service at once.

Children
No Data