Finally on holiday!!

We finally arrived on holiday and it was a long journey for everyone. 

We left home at 2am Friday morning, arrived at the airport at 4:45am. Thankfully the airport was really quiet and all went smoothly until we reached security. One of the workers were unkind and unhelpful, stressing Chloe out, turning it into a meltdown, which we quickly calmed her down with ear defenders and a bacon sandwich for breakfast!!! Loading onto the plane, the staff were absolutely amazing with everyone. Getting to our seats, she had a meltdown and started head hitting, which we quickly stopped and calmed her down so it didn't escalate further. The problem with our seats is that she wasn't sat next to the window, which on all our other flights she has. She thinks it is her seat. Her siblings were really understanding and kept making sure she was alright which made my heart melt. 

The flight was at 7am, it was a smooth journey. We all had naps and Chloe ended up spread out on all 3 seats laying on us lol. We landed early, which was for the best I think. Our taxi was waiting already and it was a 2 hour journey to our villa. The driver was funny, chatty and explained everything to us. We finally arrived at about 4/5pm! So longest day of our lives I think.

At our villa, more meltdowns happened but she was tired, hungry, hot, it is near 30 degrees here. We are from the UK where it is just pretty much rain lol. She chose her room, and who's bathroom is whose. I am so grateful we have Aircon in her room, so that helped cool her down. She explored the place and the pool then went to her room since she had a headache. 

This morning she is feeling a lot better and more settled so we decided to go for a walk down at the harbour and get a drink and ice-cream before heading back to the villa. She is staying inside to have some quiet time whilst we all head off to the pool. 

Got to be honest, yesterday I thought we would need to cut this holiday short and go home but she has taken it a lot better than expected. I hope everyone else is doing alright? 

Thanks for all the tips about going on holiday!! 

Lucy 

Parents
  • I hope you enjoy as a person on the spectrum I understand how stressful it can be airports and planes. I remember the first time I got on a plane by myself and I was on an 9 hour flight to America to work in a summer camp. Luckily I explained I was on the spectrum and the staff were absolutely amazing with me throughout check in and they let me go through security early to save stressing me out. But have a lovely holiday and I hope Chloe enjoys herself.

• I hope you enjoy as a person on the spectrum I understand how stressful it can be airports and planes. I remember the first time I got on a plane by myself and I was on an 9 hour flight to America to work in a summer camp. Luckily I explained I was on the spectrum and the staff were absolutely amazing with me throughout check in and they let me go through security early to save stressing me out. But have a lovely holiday and I hope Chloe enjoys herself.

Children
No Data