still waiting for assessment

Hi, does anyone have an idea roughly how long I’ll be waiting for an autism assessment? I have already been waiting 17 months and it is negatively affecting my mental health not knowing if I will have a diagnosis or not. I can’t really afford to go private at the moment and I could do with having a diagnosis this year before I finish uni. 

For context: I am a 21 year old female with anxiety, depression, a history of an eating disorder and suspected POTS. 

Parents
  • Depends where you live. After a four year wait, Mum.and I moced area and they fast-tracked me so I was seen after four and a half years. 

Best thing if ones mental health is taking a turn, is to get in tough with your autism team to ask if they have drop in days where you can talk. They are really helpful I have found and without them I would not have survived. 

Only been to one since I moved as these days one has to be on facebook to find the dates and locations and I am not on there so I moss them. They have sent me a sheet for the months open days but they sent me last months dates which made me chuckle! (How can I go back in time?)

Bur these open days (Drop in centres?) are for autistics AND those waiting for assessment, along with the families of autistic people, so ask to go to see them. 

• Depends where you live. After a four year wait, Mum.and I moced area and they fast-tracked me so I was seen after four and a half years. 

Best thing if ones mental health is taking a turn, is to get in tough with your autism team to ask if they have drop in days where you can talk. They are really helpful I have found and without them I would not have survived. 

Only been to one since I moved as these days one has to be on facebook to find the dates and locations and I am not on there so I moss them. They have sent me a sheet for the months open days but they sent me last months dates which made me chuckle! (How can I go back in time?)

Bur these open days (Drop in centres?) are for autistics AND those waiting for assessment, along with the families of autistic people, so ask to go to see them. 

Children
No Data