Pre formal diagnosis recognition

Looking for help, I am a very involved grandmother who has her 3 year old granddaughter every other weekend. I recognise the characterises in my granddaughter that her father and I have. She is wonderful. However, she as only just begun to settle into a good early years setting which has SEND support and hopefully will initiate the required referrals to paediatric assessments. My son is in denial and avoids taking her out due to her social communication issues. I like to take her out and use consistent strategies, which she responds positively to. She particularly seeks sensory stimulation and loves the roller coasters at Legoland but queuing is an issue. I am finding that without DLA or a Blue badge its hard to evidence the need for any Access pass for young children whilst waiting to be of school age in the pre diagnosis vacuum. Does anyone have any advice?

Parents
  • No diagnosis is needed for a sunflower lanyard, you can just ask for one (most supermarkets have them?) and while it won’t be as organised as official accommodations it can highlight to the employees that she needs extra support and they may be able to help ‘in the moment’ if that makes sense? 

• No diagnosis is needed for a sunflower lanyard, you can just ask for one (most supermarkets have them?) and while it won’t be as organised as official accommodations it can highlight to the employees that she needs extra support and they may be able to help ‘in the moment’ if that makes sense? 

Children
No Data