Moving to the UK with a child with ASD

Hello

I am originally from the UK but at the moment I live in Central Europe. I am considering returning to the UK with my 4.5 year old autistic son. I have a couple of questions if you might be able to help Slight smile

1.) Would my son's diagnosis abroad be valid (of course with translation) for SEN support in the UK?

2.) Where are the best areas for SEN support? (Looking at London/Essex/Bournemouth)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Slight smile

Thank you

Sarah

Parents
  • Would my son's diagnosis abroad be valid (of course with translation) for SEN support in the UK?

I believe it would be valid. You probably need to get a certified translation of the diagnosis into English to present to the NHS to have it added to your sons medical records.

Where are the best areas for SEN support?

It varies widely even in the same towns/cities I'm afraid. Your best option if to find a place for your needs then research the best options in that area (mumsnet may be a good site to ask for opinions on the area in question) .

• Hello. Thank you so much, yes thats a great idea re mumsnet. thank you so much - much appreciated! :)

Reply Children
No Data