Daughter school leavers and college struggles

My daughter never atttended lessons at school but was so loved by all the teachers, she struggled through her exams. Now she has left I have had to apply for all her colleges and arrange the open days. Today was the first which she refused to go to. The other day we met a college about support when she starts and they were useless. We are waiting for an ehcp which is taking forever. I’m lost and don’t know what to do or how to help I feel like I’m doing everything and have been off work since January to help her!! I don’t know where to turn at the moment it’s getting really tough as lack of support all around 

• Today was the first which she refused to go to.

Have you identified what the root cause is behind this? Is it fear of change, demand avoidance or general anxiety?

it’s getting really tough as lack of support all around

This only gets worse as you get older I'm afraid.

I think she would benefit from a therapist with experience of autism and her age groups stuggles so they can work together to form a strategy that works for her and allows her to cope in spite of her autistic limitations.

Is this a possibility?

There is a good article on the transition to higher education here that may be of interest:

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/transitions/england/starting-college-or-university

You will need to speak to the SENCO at the college to get an answer to some of the questions so it won't do any harm to try to find their name / email and try to go directly.

• This sounds really tough for you. I can't help much apart from to say that your support will mean a lot to her in the years to come. I was very lucky to have a supportive family and none of us knew I was actually autistic. I hope that others can offer practical advice. (PS Just checked your profile and it's you who is autistic - I'm guessing that she is too? Hopefully this gives you the ability to put yourself in her shoes too. I'm not being helpful at all here, apart from support across the ether.)