Fear of dogs

Hello, I'm hoping you may be able to help advise us. Our 6 year old son has always been wary of dogs but over the past few months his fear has got to the point where we are struggling to do anything for fear of bumping into a dog which is frequently. He gets really distressed and freezes and there is nothing we can do to calm him. Does anyone have any advice on what we can do to help him as currently it has meant that we are struggling to go out. Thanks so much

Parents
  • Do you know anyone who has a gentle dog? I would suggest introducing your son to it to show him that not all dogs are nasty. I wish I could get him to meet my dog she a sweet gentle old girl who loves everyone even people who don’t like dogs or are afraid of dogs take to my dog really well. 

• Do you know anyone who has a gentle dog? I would suggest introducing your son to it to show him that not all dogs are nasty. I wish I could get him to meet my dog she a sweet gentle old girl who loves everyone even people who don’t like dogs or are afraid of dogs take to my dog really well. 

Children
No Data