Has my child been suffering from PTSD

Hi all 

My child is now 12,  just been diagnosed with autism which was such a relief as been fighting for years 

My story is when my child was at school they would come home and have meltdowns, we were unaware of these were at the time, 

Over the years they were getting worse to a point of every night until they passed out with tiredness,

During lockdown all the barriers came down and my child had what it looked like a mental breakdown, 

Like a volcano in our house every night, low mood, matted hair not wanting to do anything or talk, we rang the GP lots of times but got nowhere they were  turned down twice by camhs, 

Then when it was time to go back to school they could not go inn , with all the trying it made them worse to a point they completely broke down outside on the floor I took them out of school completely, 

It took us months to get them to smile again, then the reality of what our child had been through started to come.out ,

They had been masking in school for so long when they were 7 they realised they were the only ones acting, 

They felt different to everyone else, after 4; years they still not in a school and never will be 

We can't mention school words or have pictures around the house as this triggers meltdown 

Even being in roll at a school is still damaging them as I still have to be in contact with them 

They have now got a appointment with camhs soon so will be mentioning all this 

But we feel our child has PTSD 

As still gets tramitised by scissors or even the word maths 

The GP has not helped either and says all children should be in school so will not support us 

Can anyone give me advice please Pray 

Parents
  • Hey this may be if use or.not..but thr lobes in the brain are too big the ones that deal with stress..but in someone not autistic those lobes are size of a peanut so basically for someone with autism walking thru a supermarket is like walking thru a war zone hence they get burn out and hence they have ptsd type from everyday life

• Hey this may be if use or.not..but thr lobes in the brain are too big the ones that deal with stress..but in someone not autistic those lobes are size of a peanut so basically for someone with autism walking thru a supermarket is like walking thru a war zone hence they get burn out and hence they have ptsd type from everyday life

Children
No Data