Temper and aggression, 8 years old

My son is 8 years old. We were told that he has Autism almost four years ago. Lately his temper has become a massive problem. He is the oldest of four kids. When he is happy, he is well behaved and so smiley and such a lovely kid. Most of the time now though is so angry. He misbehaves so much, does things we tell him not to do or when we give him the answer no to something. I understand that consequences don’t seem to work but he has siblings who look up to him so I don’t see how I can just give him everything he wants without consequence and treat them differently. When he does become angry it is unbearable. The screaming and shouting is so loud. He storms around the housing shouting how much he hates us, that he wants to kill me and then trying to hurt us. This goes on and on until he gets what he wants, and I mean hours. I’m too embarrassed to go out my front door and I can’t even let the kids outside to play when it’s so nice outside because he just does it outside too, for the whole street to hear and watch, He literally has me dreading spending time with him, and I feel so bad for our other kids too because I’m miserable. I just wake up knowing the first screaming session is right around the corner. I don’t know how to help him, or even if I can help him but something has to give. 

Parents
  • OK so what you need to do is to try and put yourself in his shoes and see life through the lens he is seeing it through..mostly tempers are from being overwhelmed and this happens due to for example did you know in some autism the lobes in brain responsible for stress are.huge ie too big whereas someone without autism those lobes will be Size if a peanut..so due to this what they experience compared to you is totally different..so for example a walk through a supermarket maybe fine for you but for your child.maybe experienced as feeling like walking through a war zone...also burn out is a real.thing.....just educate yourself more on whats going on with your son and you may be more sympathetic..andnyes you do and will havento bend to his needs.

• OK so what you need to do is to try and put yourself in his shoes and see life through the lens he is seeing it through..mostly tempers are from being overwhelmed and this happens due to for example did you know in some autism the lobes in brain responsible for stress are.huge ie too big whereas someone without autism those lobes will be Size if a peanut..so due to this what they experience compared to you is totally different..so for example a walk through a supermarket maybe fine for you but for your child.maybe experienced as feeling like walking through a war zone...also burn out is a real.thing.....just educate yourself more on whats going on with your son and you may be more sympathetic..andnyes you do and will havento bend to his needs.

Children
No Data