Please Help!

Hello, 

My daughter was picked up to have autism traits when assessed when she was receiving therapy. The therapist referred my daughter to the GP for an ASD assessment but we have been pushed from pillow to post ever since. We have now been advised to complete a 'getting to know me form'. I even feel overwhelmed, the form is quite lengthy. This is now going through school. 

My daughter was seeing a therapist due to self-harm, we regularly have meltdowns when it's school (my daughter is 15 years old). There was a meltdown this morning and she was so angry. 

I feel now I need some support, I am so tired and emotionally drained, not to mention how my daughter must be feeling. 

If anyone can suggest any support that may be available, it would be very much appreciated. 

Many Thanks 

• Thank you for reply. It is a form that is from the County Council in Nottinghamshire. 

• Thank you for replying. I will look up Executive function difficulty. 

• I even feel overwhelmed, the form is quite lengthy.

Curious if you might be experiencing Executive Function difficulty here as well, or even communication differences with all of this. You sound understanding about what she's going through and I believe she's your priority. But could be worth looking more into. Sorry you're going through this!

• I have no idea what that form might be, but basically you need to know what is going on with the assessment to get anywhere.  Has your GP actually put it through to the neurodevelopmental assessment team?  If not, I'd be asking why not.  If so, can the team tell you how long the wait might be.  They might also be able to tell you about what support is available while you wait in your area.

More and more it is being recognised that waiting times are too long and some interim support is required.

It is good news that the therapist has picked up on that though s/he should be able to adapt their practice for your daughters needs in the meantime, which may mean her therapy will be more use to her now.