Please help with this diagnosis query.

Dear All,

I am a parent with  one child who has been diagnosed with ASD.

I am currently going through the diagnosis process for my second child.

I just wanted to know if I move to another local authority will this slow down/hinder the diagnosis process or can one Local authority simply send all the information to another Local authority.

I await you kind reply and thoughts.

Thank you

• I do not mind travelling back but I thought if  you move out and hence join up to another GP the LA will take the view not my problem anymore.

• Definitely contact both local authorities first to find out what you can. All ours are currently merging and/or shutting. Seems like a logistical nightmare and I wouldn't want to move purely based on that and worrying about falling through the cracks.

• This may not be helpful, but my home borough didn't do assessments so I was put on the waiting list for another area. When my area started doing them I was given the option of switching to the other waiting list but going to the back of the line (since they'd only just started, the waiting list was short but that wouldn't be the case anywhere else). So I think it's likely that while they could pass the information over, you'd go to the back of the queue.

If it's not too far to be practical, it might be better to stay with the same LA and travel back for the assessment. But definitely make enquiries and see what your options are.