School Staff Legal Advice in the US.

Hello. the school deleted my account that I made my original post, so here is an update (the original post is titled school staff)

on Friday, the staff grouped around me while I was having a horrible meltdown and decided it would be  a good idea to physically force me into a tiny room for 3 hours. they poked me (I hate poking) they touched me to force me in when I told them I didn't want to be touched, they took away my headphones again (surprise) and they wouldn't let me explain anything. i need help. I'm back at this stupid school because its illegal to not be. help :(

Parents
  • One of the below, depending on how bad things get.

1. find an autism or child advocacy group.

2. walk into the principles office and state - USE THESE WORDS "I need to report physical and psychological abuse by your staff". If you can record the conversation, do so, particularly if you can record to a private video on the internet so they cannot delete it.

3. Go to the local police station and file a police report on the teachers for battery.

They are the problem, not you.  I understand your mom is in a tough spot but this is not OK.

• One of the below, depending on how bad things get.

1. find an autism or child advocacy group.

2. walk into the principles office and state - USE THESE WORDS "I need to report physical and psychological abuse by your staff". If you can record the conversation, do so, particularly if you can record to a private video on the internet so they cannot delete it.

3. Go to the local police station and file a police report on the teachers for battery.

They are the problem, not you.  I understand your mom is in a tough spot but this is not OK.

Children
No Data