Help with daughters ocd/regimes

So my daughter, 15, has recently been officially diagnosed as autistic. Part of her problem is germs and she has ocd tendencies and regiments she must follow. Her poor hands bleed where she washes them so much. Its getting worse and more and more things are having to be cleaned. I'm sure if I should call.the doctor for help as I'm aware he can't just give her a magic cure. We are usually given self help websites ect but these have little effect on her. I'm thinking she may need a therapist or similar but I'm unsure if this is something the doctor could help organise.

Any help would be wonderful.

Parents
  • In a classic sense, OCD can arise as a misdirection of unresolved complexities or things which caused a sort of trauma, and young people can feel impacted by being misunderstood or isolated in a situation that was even accidental. What artistic outlets does she have? Or interests? 

Learning to journal with a pen and paper daily can help with a myriad of things. Life is stressful for this generation and they need a sense of purpose, plus help working toward small, attainable goals. 

A therapist might be a good option at this point, though. 

I make my own hand sanitiser with witch hazel + 1-2 drops of essential oils per ml: tea tree and lavender (even citrus is good). It doesn't dry out the hands, but does the opposite. This could be worthwhile for the moment. 

• In a classic sense, OCD can arise as a misdirection of unresolved complexities or things which caused a sort of trauma, and young people can feel impacted by being misunderstood or isolated in a situation that was even accidental. What artistic outlets does she have? Or interests? 

Learning to journal with a pen and paper daily can help with a myriad of things. Life is stressful for this generation and they need a sense of purpose, plus help working toward small, attainable goals. 

A therapist might be a good option at this point, though. 

I make my own hand sanitiser with witch hazel + 1-2 drops of essential oils per ml: tea tree and lavender (even citrus is good). It doesn't dry out the hands, but does the opposite. This could be worthwhile for the moment. 

Children
No Data