Is everyone an addict?

My theory is yes they are. Some to alcohol or tobbaco, some to psych meds. Others to the illiegal drugs. And some people who think they are sober are addicted to caffeine in coffee or tea or the opioids in gluten and dairy (bread, cheese). A lot of people are addicted to sugar. See how grumpy people would get if you wouldn't allow them sugar in their tea or coffee or if you banned cakes and sweets. Even if you eat a very healthy sugar free vegan diet you are still addicted to energy, even carbohydrates contain natural sugars. That's why I think deep down we are all really not that different.

Parents
  • I generally regard addiction as negative effects occurring due to not not doing something.  So nicotine is addictive, if you take it every day and suddenly stop, you go into withdrawal.  Same goes for most (but not all) illegal drugs.  Alcohol is the same, if you drink it every day and a lot of it and then quit cold turkey you can get every side effect under the sun including seizures and death.

Are we all addicts?  Definitely.

• I generally regard addiction as negative effects occurring due to not not doing something.  So nicotine is addictive, if you take it every day and suddenly stop, you go into withdrawal.  Same goes for most (but not all) illegal drugs.  Alcohol is the same, if you drink it every day and a lot of it and then quit cold turkey you can get every side effect under the sun including seizures and death.

Are we all addicts?  Definitely.

Children
No Data