Help in primary school

My son, y4, diagnosed with significant ADHD and high functioning ASD (Asperger’s), currently medicated which has helped.

Academically he is doing okay, but emotionally he finds things hard, especially if things don’t go his way, a light ribbing will cause an angry meltdown, 1-2-1 with a gentle friend he plays happily, but he struggles with more boisterous boys. It’s a small school.

I have asked school to help him with anger management and social communication but I have a feeling they will tell me there isn’t an issue as he plays nicely with some children, they have form for tellling me there isn’t a problem Grimacing

Can anyone advise a program I can suggest to school for them to undertake to help his social intelligence? I am trying to find private therapy too but not having much luck.

Parents
  • You could ask for Elsa (Emotional Literacy Support Advisor). Some schools and outside agencies provide this, and it helps children understand their emotions and ways to help regulate them. 

• You could ask for Elsa (Emotional Literacy Support Advisor). Some schools and outside agencies provide this, and it helps children understand their emotions and ways to help regulate them. 

Children
No Data