child sleeping pattern with autism and adhd

Can people give me some advice how to help your child sleep at night cause my son finds it really hard to switch off so some advice would be gratefully appreciate on any suggestions

Parents
  • My child was the same, nothing really helped until I found melatonin.  Although you may need a prescription for it (Not sure lately if this is still so), it is a supplement of a naturally occurring brain chemical.  We used to find him out in the garden at 1.30 in the morning and it was a nightmare for years and then when he was about 10 we discovered Melatonin.  Read up on it and see what you think.  As a lifetime poor sleeper I have been taking it for years myself and I wouldnt be without it.  No bad side effects, potentially some dependence but its cheap to buy and has many benefits such as being a strong anti inflammatory.

• My child was the same, nothing really helped until I found melatonin.  Although you may need a prescription for it (Not sure lately if this is still so), it is a supplement of a naturally occurring brain chemical.  We used to find him out in the garden at 1.30 in the morning and it was a nightmare for years and then when he was about 10 we discovered Melatonin.  Read up on it and see what you think.  As a lifetime poor sleeper I have been taking it for years myself and I wouldnt be without it.  No bad side effects, potentially some dependence but its cheap to buy and has many benefits such as being a strong anti inflammatory.

Children
No Data