My son says it’s too noisy in the classroom advice please.

Hello, my son age 10 is waiting on an assessment. He says that his classroom is too noisy. I asked tonight if he would like some ear defenders to help him and he firmly said no and said the teachers gave him a pair 5 days ago and he could still hear the noise. I believe he could still hear the noise but maybe he feels a certain way about wearing them too. Im thinking of buying some anyway and keeping them at home so he can chose or not to chose to use them but they are there if he needs them. I was also wondering if ear pugs can work instead and if anyone had any advice on this, would be so helpful. 

Parents
  • My 8yo has been struggling to go to school because of the sound of her class. We put a pair of ear defenders in her bag but she refuses to wear them because she doesn’t want to be different. I went online and found something called CalmerKids. Which are small reusable transparent in ear plugs. She’s excited to try them. The instructions are clear and say that they must wear them for at least two days before they’ll notice the calming affects. I’ll try to remember to let you know how it goes.

• My 8yo has been struggling to go to school because of the sound of her class. We put a pair of ear defenders in her bag but she refuses to wear them because she doesn’t want to be different. I went online and found something called CalmerKids. Which are small reusable transparent in ear plugs. She’s excited to try them. The instructions are clear and say that they must wear them for at least two days before they’ll notice the calming affects. I’ll try to remember to let you know how it goes.

Children