Support at University

My daughter had a recent ASD diagnosis and is going to University this year. Does anyone have any experience of getting support in place for their child at Uni and any advice?

Parents
  • Accommodations at university can be very useful. My daughter, currently in the third year of a chemistry degree, doesn't think that she would have got through her course without them. In addition to the things already mentioned, my daughter has benefitted from lecturers being pre-warned that she is likely to ask more questions and need greater levels of clarification than most students. If she is feeling overwhelmed, she just contacts the head of her course and requests a few days off attending lectures, she then receives material online to cover the content that she has missed.

• Accommodations at university can be very useful. My daughter, currently in the third year of a chemistry degree, doesn't think that she would have got through her course without them. In addition to the things already mentioned, my daughter has benefitted from lecturers being pre-warned that she is likely to ask more questions and need greater levels of clarification than most students. If she is feeling overwhelmed, she just contacts the head of her course and requests a few days off attending lectures, she then receives material online to cover the content that she has missed.

Children
No Data