Sensory bottles inspiration

Hi everyone

I’m wanting to create some sensory bottles for my two year old (almost 3) and looking for inspiration. He’s hyper sensory so want to create something to help strike a balance. I’ve got 12 small bottles with childproof lids (bit like me since bottle lids). So I thought about doing 6 calming bottles and 6 ‘noisy’ bottles.

Does anyone have any good ideas that I can use? Thinking coloured water and oil (not sure how to create though) and perhaps dying some pasta and rice with food colouring etc. Any other ideas of things I can add into these that might be of more interest to him? All I can think of are beads and maybe some small plastic toys? If you have pictures and or instructions of ones that you’ve created that would be amazing. 

Many thanks

Parents
  • I think this is a lovely idea and I'm sure son would love it. You could get some Gelli bath powder maybe? That comes in different colours and I think it would look nice in bottles. You could also look at nail varnish, put it into bottles and I'm sure that would look nice and there's so many colours to choose from.

• I think this is a lovely idea and I'm sure son would love it. You could get some Gelli bath powder maybe? That comes in different colours and I think it would look nice in bottles. You could also look at nail varnish, put it into bottles and I'm sure that would look nice and there's so many colours to choose from.

Children
No Data