Clothing

My nearly six year will only wear his school uniform and PE kit to school. At home he will only wear about half a dozen tops, all of which are getting too small for him and aren’t always suitable for the climate. We have the six week holiday coming up, we plan to go out and about and we’ve booked to go on holiday for a few days. I have bought and other people have bought him new summer and winter tops but he just won’t wear them. My Mum managed to get a T shirt that fits him still once and if his in the mood and having a good day his TAs can get him into a new or different top on non uniform day. My concern is how we will get on when we are on holiday? He happily stays at home in just his pants if we don’t go out.

Parents
  • My son has limited outfits he likes and prefers shorts most of the year. He too prefers minimal clothing. Shorts and trousers have to be soft and stretchy apart from school trousers. We have found a few suppliers with soft clothing at reasonable prices.

Is it possible to find any identical clothing items in larger sizes? We now have a reserve of the next size for school (for the days when suddenly he can't go because they are too small). We have done likewise for his school bag, from experience.

Regarding clothing being suitable for the climate we have realized that hoodies added to Tshirts are acceptable most of the time. (He doesn't feel the cold like me). Coats are acceptable as long as they don't feel too bulky.

• He will wear a jumper if it’s especially cold. He seems to like striped long sleeved t shirts or occasionally t shirts with Dinosaurs on, 100 % pure cotton. I can find similar tops on the High Street but not exactly what he wears now 

• Pure cotton is comfortable. I mostly wear cotton. We now buy most things on line as my son finds shops hard and buy from places we can return if needed. School trousers have taken a few weeks to find the right ones.

Reply Children
No Data