collecting objects

Just discovered a suitcase full of toys/games my 29 year old daughter has collected . Am struggling to cope with this act the moment as she has come home to me temporarily but seems not to be moving back out anytime soon . Is this something normal ?  She also plays on games a lot . Nothing new as she did as a child but I haven't lived with her in ages and as 29 am bit shocked .

I find it hard to understand her . She was only diagnosed a few months ago .

Thanks 

• Thank you for your reply . 

• Many thanks , she showed me her diagnosis report and I read a few recommended books at the time,  I am really trying to understand  her  but I guess, now I am living with her as an adult, not a child, I realise I need to do more learning and understanding , hence joining on here . Sadly I lost my husband 2 years ago so that has knocked us . This forum will be great . As to whether she is on it I don't know .  

• Hello 77502.

You ask is this something normal, but later you state your daughter was diagnosed recently. So I am unclear if you are asking if this is normal in general, or normal for someone with ASD.

In terms of your statement that you find it hard to understand her, yes this is a challenge that people can face with ASDs, but also vice versa. The solution, or at least a means of alleviating said issue, is knowledge, patience, and compassion. It's the same solution with all exchanges with living beings. Have you done any reading on ASD? Have you completed reading all the materials on this website, and then been extra diligent and read some of the many books out there on ASD? Been on youtube to see what ASD vloggers have to say about this topic? Have you sat down and tried to speak to your daughter, asked her what she needs, what she wants. If the answer is no to any combination of these, then that is your next step.

• Mild eccentricities are par for the course for autistics. Being autistic, as I presume she is, means that your daughter is not neurotypical (the type of brain possessed by the majority of the population) and so does not behave in a neurotypical way. Your expectations concerning behaviour in an adult neurotypical are not really applicable, so you may have to adjust them.