2 year old signs.

My Daughter turned two in August.

I have noticed many traits -

- Hand flapping

- Will only eat particular food

- Doesn't respond to her name 90% of the time

- No speech or much understanding - Although she expresses her self in her own way, climbs in her chair when hungry.

- Very sensory with textures of food

-  Not interested in other children, only over the last 3 months has she started really interacting with her big sister.

- Sleep! only more recently have i got a routine of 11pm-8am. She just wouldn't sleep before.

- Loves the swing and would sit in her swing outside all day spinning.

We have been referred to portage, OT, Speech and Language .

I'm just feeling really lost in what else i can do as a parent, i get days where i feel like i'm not doing enough. I hate that we have to wait so long for these appointments.

I'd also be interested to know how long did the process take for you?  We do have the support from health visitor , did you also contact your GP?

thanks for reading.

• Hi your little girl sounds exactly like mine she's not 2 till November but she too does all traits your daughter does and my health vistor has also recently referred her to a developmental PED but did get told it might not get excepted i feel exactly the same as you do I hate waiting around waiting for appointments and I feel clueless in what to do I have also been told it can be a long and hard process and you have to fight all the way through which doesn't sound like a easy road at all all we can do is wait which I hate doing I have recently started a chatterbox course with her at my local children's centre and was given advice from the speech and language which was basically show my daughter items that represent her routine like blanket for bed a towel for bath bowl for meal times her coat or keys for when we going out etc and they also said try giving her choice in things so show her 2 items say apple and banana and see what she reaches for so she's learning how to tell me her needs as she doesn't point or do this she claims in her chair when she's hungry thats it or if I say bath time she runs to the bathroom but most the time its like am not here to her and I too feel very lost in what to do so you are not alone at all