An autistic child meltdown at school, school wants payment for damage

Some friends of mine going through a difficult time in various ways have a son diagnosed autistic who had a meltdown at school and he caused damage. 

They are now being fined for said damage, anyone know if they are legally obliged to pay or perhaps the damage being caused by something the child can't really help is it really something they're liable for?

Parents
  • oh wow, perhaps i should sue my old school for all the mental damage they caused me. i mean if they can sue and force kids to pay for damages its only fair that they pay for all the damages they caused the kids too. so much damage that they fail to even acknowledge.

• I am preserving all the evidence of the abuse my son suffered at school so he can decide at 18 if he wishes to sue them. The legal position is pretty clear cut they said they did one thing, recorded everything that happened and did entirely the opposite.

The school know exactly why the evidence is being collated and I'm hoping it will force them to change as they are much more worried of the reputational risk than the financial side of things. 

• I am preserving all the evidence of the abuse my son suffered at school so he can decide at 18 if he wishes to sue them. The legal position is pretty clear cut they said they did one thing, recorded everything that happened and did entirely the opposite.

The school know exactly why the evidence is being collated and I'm hoping it will force them to change as they are much more worried of the reputational risk than the financial side of things. 

Children
No Data