Smart watch with text alerts

Hi all, I am mum to a 13 year old boy with ASD.   He would really like to have more independence in his every day life, but there are lots of everyday tasks he just never remembers unless I remind him all the time.   For example, brushing teeth, showering, going to bed on time, remember a mask for school or his bus pass for the school bus, check he's done his homework, collect things from school etc.   I've been searching and searching to try and find a smart watch that we can put customised text reminders/alerts on.   He forgets his mobile all the time or the battery goes dead, so alerts on the mobile don't work.   Does anyone know of a watch that can have reminders with text on them (I know there are some that just vibrate but without text to say what it's for).  I know you can put events/reminders in a mobile phone calendar app, but is there a watch that will synch to the mobile calendar, but does not need to be near the watch to work in case he forgets it or the battery dies.    He is also very thin, so the watch can't be a great big one, it needs to be pretty neat in size.   Surely there must be something out there that will work for him!  He gets cross with himself for forgetting these things and I'd love him to feel more in control. I'd be really grateful for any advice or recommendations.    Shoskyns

Parents
  • Smart watches need charging about as often as a phone would, pretty much every day, at least in my experience. Worth considering if your son will remember to put the watch on each day and actually keep it on. I find having anything attached to my wrist begins to annoy me after a while. 

• Smart watches need charging about as often as a phone would, pretty much every day, at least in my experience. Worth considering if your son will remember to put the watch on each day and actually keep it on. I find having anything attached to my wrist begins to annoy me after a while. 

Children
No Data