Repeating a school year

Hello there,

I have already been informed that my child will repeat a year. He is in an ASD base and his teachers were pleased with him so far. When I asked if my child is ok at school they always answered yes until now. I got a report where the school stated that he struggles with S&L and OT areas. I wonder what is the purpose of giving parents feedback that is not relevant to child's current situation. The teachers have never been able to tell me about my son's school difficulties even when I kept repeating the same questions. Everything was always fine...

My son had an annual review of his EHCP recently and I got all the reports I needed. The reports state that he has a sifnificant speech delay (English) and multiple sensory processing difficulties. We are bilingual and my child can communicate and understand very well in his native language. I asked many times if we schould teach him English but the school denied. I know my child best and all the scores I found in the reports were definitely underestimated. At home, my son behaves completely different, but we talk with him in our mother tongue. I wonder if there is a way to assess children who are not English towards their comprehension? I have got a feeling that for the past three years my child learnt nothing because of lack of understanding and just wasted his time at school. 

Many thanks

Parents Reply Children
No Data