Newbie! Diagnosis question?

Hi,

My son 7 year old son has just been diagnosed to be on the spectrum, I'm completely new to all this.  I was expecting them to tell me what 'type' he has, but they said they no longer do this, it's just classed as having ASC?  Is this true, or do I need to go privately to have a more detailed diagnosis? I'm pretty convinced he has Asperger and I think it would be helpful to know this.... but I might be just wrong or naive?

Any help, gratefully received.  Thank you. 

Parents
  • I'm certainly hoping for a personalised something that says the strongest traits are here, here and here, with x and y likely problems and required support; whereas traits there, there and there are not so much of an issue or a positive benefit.  I should have thought we'd all need that to figure out where we need to adapt life style, get in support, or carry on on our merry way quite independently, thank you!

Does that not come as standard then?

• I'm certainly hoping for a personalised something that says the strongest traits are here, here and here, with x and y likely problems and required support; whereas traits there, there and there are not so much of an issue or a positive benefit.  I should have thought we'd all need that to figure out where we need to adapt life style, get in support, or carry on on our merry way quite independently, thank you!

Does that not come as standard then?

Children
No Data