Newbie here. Please tell me I’m not alone in parenting kids on the spectrum whilst being on the spectrum myself also?

I have 4 children of my own and two step children. All four of my own children are autistic. Only two diagnosed so far. Two are higher functioning aspergers and two are asd with global developmental delay. 

I’m 31, come from a family of aspergers myself, but never actually realised I could be the same as I seemed to have coped relatively well over the years considering. 

my story is a long one and I’m actually feeling that mentally drained I can’t even summon the energy to delve into it fully. 

all I know is I can’t seem to find anyone who just gets it and actually understand how burned out I am from using every ounce of energy on the kids and getting them where they need to be mentally. 

im really struggling with sensory overload I think? It’s so hard having to be the strong one all of the time when inside I feel like I’m having a breakdown too, 

my headphones and music is my go to for now and saves my sanity daily. 
not looking for advice really, just someone who can actually say “yes I get it” and actually ‘get it! 

sorry for the rant.. (it’s been one of the worst days and Facebook is patronising the hell out of me) ExpressionlessSee no evil

Parents
  • Hello i have 6 of my own and one step child ,3 are older left home,, 3 younger at home ,one at boarding school

Just spent all day in a zoom tribunal meeting , then had to sort the fallout because everything was different which 2 couldn't cope with.

I feel close to breaking point most days ,run up to tribunal was very tough , a lot of sleepless nights ,ibs and talking to my self . Its the lack of a break that gets me ,no help from anyone ,sometimes i just want to go to the doctors and get back on diazepam ,just to have a break . 

Just got to keep going .  just keep it together and keep going. becomes the mantra

you are not the only one 

• Hello i have 6 of my own and one step child ,3 are older left home,, 3 younger at home ,one at boarding school

Just spent all day in a zoom tribunal meeting , then had to sort the fallout because everything was different which 2 couldn't cope with.

I feel close to breaking point most days ,run up to tribunal was very tough , a lot of sleepless nights ,ibs and talking to my self . Its the lack of a break that gets me ,no help from anyone ,sometimes i just want to go to the doctors and get back on diazepam ,just to have a break . 

Just got to keep going .  just keep it together and keep going. becomes the mantra

you are not the only one 

Children
No Data