CARERS ASSESSMENT AND DISABILITY BUS PASSES

I have seeked advice on many occasions not just reagrding ASD but my other kids additional needs (have 5 with special needs of all levels!). Being a single mom to 7 aint easy especially with the added extras. Its only today that someone mentioned having a carers assessment. I have been a carer to my eldest since he was 18 months old when he started having issues with hearing etc, its only now that things are getting a little tough not just physically but mentally has well and just at the present moment at final stages of having 2 lil uns statemented! Youngest 3 will be moving to different schools, respite will be starting for Bounce this month (will have to teach her how to help/support bounce etc and have her following me everytime she is about for a while!! :( )

Too make things easier on not just myself but my lads, I am considering a carers assessment but dont know what it envolves, can any one help me on this????

Also I am looking into getting disability bus passes for youngest 2 has buses/taxis are our main way of transport and want to start getting out a little more with them. My eldest 2 have one already and last year no3 (grumpy) was turned down. Youngest 3 do have more demanding needs that grumpy but they are much younger and have never applied for kids this young before, they are 7 and 5. Has anyone else applied for a disability bus pass for a child this young??? were you successful??? It did take grumpys months to sort out but because Bounce has a respite worker now and she dont drive buses will be their main transport  and respite has been mentioned for Bumblebee has well so want to be prepared!

Parents Reply Children
No Data