Worried parent

Hi, I was hoping someone could give me some advice regarding my 18 year old son. He has had such a lonely time of it growing up, he suffered bullying in his early school life which resulted in him having to move schools on more than one occasion, when he eventually found a school he felt safe in he managed to make a few friends, or so he thought, until one by one they turned on him which resulted in online harassment, this has left him with no self confidence and severe trust issues, all he really wants is friendships. He spends all his time either online gaminor doing artwork in his room, I'm so worried about his mental health as he has suffered a few breakdowns in his young life, I wish I had a magic wand that I could make everything good for him. please if anyone could give me some info on any form of social outreach for him where he could devolop friendships, it would be much appreciated 

Parents
  • Hi, my daughter is 20 and has not been out for 2yrs.She was bullied at grammar school and had a break down.She spends all day in bed on her iPad looking at kittens and tube videos.Very worried for her and the future.She is very isolated, I have suggested chatting online to other people on the spectrum her own age.I am not sure where to look for a suitable site. Please help.

• Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters awful experience in her school, my heart goes out to both you and her. I too am hoping for some sort of info about suitable online chat rooms where young folk on the spectrum could have a chat and make new friendships with others that understand how they are feeling and help to support each other.

• Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters awful experience in her school, my heart goes out to both you and her. I too am hoping for some sort of info about suitable online chat rooms where young folk on the spectrum could have a chat and make new friendships with others that understand how they are feeling and help to support each other.

Children
No Data