Indoor trampolines

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask this or if anyone can help, my son is 9 years old and un-diagnosed at the moment but everything that I have read suggests he is autistic, one of his quirks is that 3-6 times a day he will close himself off in a room and run and jump from wall to wall jumping at the walls which as he gets bigger is becoming more energetic and louder(He’s also hurt himself a couple of times slipping over). I read that  trampolines might help him to get the same thing he gets from doing that.

a) does anyone have any experience of this?
b) we don’t have a garden so has anyone used an indoor trampoline and if so which one might be suitable?

thanks in advance

• Greetings. As no-one else has replied yet, I am passing and thought I might offer a few *varied* perspectives if You do not mind...

Sorry I have no "experience of this"... but am replying anyway.

About 'Indoor Trampolines'... generally You should buy one of those which has NETTING surrounding it. These should be online/available at e.g. "Argos" or "Decathlon"... so I should not have to detail such things here.

With regards to Your Son... I am not a Parent, but am offering advice anyway (!). Please be aware also that I am not aware of what Your Son Himself may be seeking from all of this Jumpy-Banging-about. (!!)...

First of all, talk to Your Son and especially try to single out what he *enjoys* from the experience. It might be stress relief, or the thrill of it, or even a form of 'stimming'.

When Your son hurts himself, do not comfort him (much), but do let him be aware of such consequences --- BUT! - depending upon the reason for the behaviour, You may have to pay attention to what he is doing and coach (encourage) him as to what to do right in order to avoid being hurt in future.

Finally, I would say... Try buying the poor Lad a Skateboard or Inline Rollerskates. He *might* be wanting to go 'Free and Outdoors and fast and furious'... or something like that. Make certain to buy all protective gear, please (and keep the knees bent & supervise him as a beginner at all times.). 

Most of all, ask Your Son what He Himself wants or likes. Talk to him like an Adult, even though He is only Nine, and when He does not know something, give good, informed, encouraging advice.

I end this Post now, because it is long and so I have no feedback about it.  (Get the best feedback from Your Son, surely?)