Sibling support - advice please

Hi all,

Please can anyone advise on best way to support siblings or please share experiences so I don’t feel it’s just our family in this situation.

One of my children, age 12, is on the way to a diagnosis of ASD.  Aspergers, although I know there is no separate diagnosis for that now.  She’s in mainstream school, doing okay with support. 

At home all the behaviours come out.  I do my best to support my other children, managing her meltdowns, keeping them out of the way, making sure we alL have activities planned together or separately.  However they are struggling dealing with her and the impact she has on the whole family.  Her elder sister is crying  a lot because of her.

All constructive advice would be welcome please .

thanks’

Parents
  • As others have mentioned the siblings are young carers and there's probably support available to them if you Google it or look at your local authority's local offer.

It might be worth contacting Children's Services to see what support the Disabled Children's Team can provide for your family.

• As others have mentioned the siblings are young carers and there's probably support available to them if you Google it or look at your local authority's local offer.

It might be worth contacting Children's Services to see what support the Disabled Children's Team can provide for your family.

Children
No Data