Any one claim DLA for their child?

Hello! Just wondering if anyone claims disability living allowance for there child? If so what band do you get out of the 3 amounts? 

Thank you for your help Slight smile

• Hi no worries.  My son was 9 when we were first awarded it.  He didn't sleep either.  Hed get up turn the bathroom taps on go back to bed.  I'd turn them off and the cycle would repeat.  . He had no sense of danger so although, yes,  he could walk ok he would just run across the road etc..  We got awarded the high care with middle mobility then. He had sensory overload and was severely anxious. He pulled his hair out with it. 

It was reviewed 2 years ago and we still got the higher but low mobility as he's ok out and about. He's under CAMHS and now diagnosed with depression and anxiety alongside his ASD. 

Both times we had letters from docs/ school/ CAMHS sent to support the application. Get as much supporting material as possible if you can. 

I didn't know until the letter arrived and it can take weeks but it is backdated to the date they recieved it.   I hope you are successful and I'd definitely appeal if not.  Good luck xx

• Thank you for getting back to me :)! Do you mind me asking the reason for the high care amount? Is that due to mobility? My son is 4, 5 in March and was finally diagnosed with ASD in December, he doesn't sleep, can't wipe his own bum etc still wears pull ups in the night, couldnt be left alone ofcourse but walks and runs around fine, is on reduced hours at sxhool attends for 3 hours in the morning, I have sent off the applications but there's no explanation to give an idea of what they would give you? 

Thanks so much :) 

• Hi.  I do and we get the higher care.  This may change as he's coming up to 16 and transferring to PIP in tbe spring.