My partner shows signs of undiagnosed ASD

Hi all, I’m very new to this whole thing. I have never even used a forum before, but I’m reaching out because I don’t know where to start and I’m overwhelmed by this news I’ve had. After conversations with my therapist, I feel that my husband shows many signs of being an adult with high functioning autism. 

What kind of resources should I turn to next to help me learn to cope with his social difficulties, repetitive behaviors, and anxiety? How could I find out if it’s worth it get on the long waiting list to have him tested? All I have read so far is the info in NHS about autism. 

Also does anyone have good book recommendations for understating adults with autism, or any person with high-functioning autism? 

If there is another thread about coping with autistic partners, please direct me. I need help. 

Thanks!! 

Parents
    1. Your story is the same as me.i know about Autism in childen but is very hard to cope and support a partner you love with high functioning autism.it drives me to the edge sometimes.i just need some strategy on how to cope as am aware of the difficulties and to talk with someone with similar issue
    1. Your story is the same as me.i know about Autism in childen but is very hard to cope and support a partner you love with high functioning autism.it drives me to the edge sometimes.i just need some strategy on how to cope as am aware of the difficulties and to talk with someone with similar issue
Children