Any parents of girls with Asperger Syndrome?

Hi I have an 8 year old daughter diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at age 5. I have found it really hard to meet other mums with daughters with AS. I have therefore set up a Facebook support group (it is a private/closed group) - please feel free to join. I want it to be a friendly group of mums to share experiences, ask questions, offer advice etc the link is www.facebook.com/.../

Parents
  • Hi all, I am currently starting going through the process of diagnosis for aspergers with my 6 year old daughter.  Her having aspergers would explain a lot but I am struggling with how to react to her when certain things happen.  E.g. what is the best way to make sure she is listening when I tell her to do things.  Ermm basically just looking for some copng mechanisms.  I have been looking back at my childhood and also how I am today and I think I have aspergers too so very confused and worried at the mo.

Thanks 

Sam x

• Hi all, I am currently starting going through the process of diagnosis for aspergers with my 6 year old daughter.  Her having aspergers would explain a lot but I am struggling with how to react to her when certain things happen.  E.g. what is the best way to make sure she is listening when I tell her to do things.  Ermm basically just looking for some copng mechanisms.  I have been looking back at my childhood and also how I am today and I think I have aspergers too so very confused and worried at the mo.

Thanks 

Sam x

Children
No Data