Looking for support

Hi

im new to this forum, I’m looking for support in living with / supporting my 7 year old son.

the whole family is suffering (myself 11 year old daughter and husband and 7 year old son).

the constant refusal to do anything from brushing teeth to getting dressed is incredibly wearing, the temper tantrums and constant pestering of his sister are all taking it’s toll on everyone.

i feel so burnt out and exhausted, I’m in therapy and it was suggested that talking to those also going through this may help?

Any advice would be so appreciated.

x

Parents
  • A few months ago we told the school that we were ‘in crisis’ after an incident at school which resulted in our twin girls and Dad all crying in the car after pick-up). To schools those are magic words that trigger their attention (we have a close family friend who is a SENCO and deputy head). We got a referral to Early Help out of it which has helped with sign posting us to local services - we get 20 weeks support with a family support worker; he goes into school every couple of weeks to support our ASD twin and her long suffering sister too. One of the services he signposted is to was a young carers youth club as somewhere our ASD daughter’s sister could go to have time out from the stress. If you haven’t already accessed Early Help I can recommend trying to access it - it’s not a panacea but from everything that’s offered you might find one or two things that make all the difference to you and your family.

Best wishes x

• A few months ago we told the school that we were ‘in crisis’ after an incident at school which resulted in our twin girls and Dad all crying in the car after pick-up). To schools those are magic words that trigger their attention (we have a close family friend who is a SENCO and deputy head). We got a referral to Early Help out of it which has helped with sign posting us to local services - we get 20 weeks support with a family support worker; he goes into school every couple of weeks to support our ASD twin and her long suffering sister too. One of the services he signposted is to was a young carers youth club as somewhere our ASD daughter’s sister could go to have time out from the stress. If you haven’t already accessed Early Help I can recommend trying to access it - it’s not a panacea but from everything that’s offered you might find one or two things that make all the difference to you and your family.

Best wishes x

Children
No Data