My lovely placid Autistic bubba has found her temper!!!

For those of you that aren't aware, my 2 nearly 3 year old daughter is also Autistic. I've always said how lucky I am that she has such a placid temperament. But the last week has seen two major meltdowns lasting approximately 45 minutes each (that's the acute stage of screaming/crying/thrashing/etc) and one very bad tempered strop this evening over bedtime that saw her repeatedly trying to kick me, she was laying down on the floor at the time and swinging her legs up and trying to bring them down hard on my legs, I know it was definitely aimed at me as I moved back and she followed! It's difficult because I know that her awareness of causing pain to others or other people being in pain, is not really there, it never has been. So in that sense I don't think that she was trying to cause me pain, she was just frustrated with me for enforcing bed time and lashing out at me in temper. It does worry me a tad how this will pan out in the long term though. Luckily as an experienced mum to two older girls, I had the sense this evening to step back and let her get it out of her system without causing any damage to anything or anyone, but I do worry how I will manage her behaviour if this continues and/or escalates as she gets older!