advice and support plz

my little lady is 20 months old and I'm a single mum  we do not have a diagnosis of autism yet but have got as far as seeing a pediatric doctor due to concerns with her development (global development delay)noted by health visitor he agreed with me after a 15-minute appointment that she shows signs of autism and there are many red flags although I'm going through the doubting it one minute stage to my instincts screaming out at me that she does have autism. he gave me a number to contact for a carers network and told me to make a claim for disability benefit surely he would not do that if he thought my little lady was okay??? He is referring her to speech therapy and wants her to have blood tests to rule out anything else, I can't remember what else he called it but I think he meant an assessment or psychologist for autism but there is a 12-month waiting list. It's killing me waiting around I feel like I'm going mad so I'm just asking for any advice really on what I should expect from these awaited appointments please one worried anxious mummy thank you. 

Parents
  • I would keep bothering them about these appointments because they'll just forget about you and would keep you waiting. Also reading what you wrote he's just thrown so much at you especially when she hasn't got me official diagnosis. I would wait till she has an official diagnosis and then take it from there. Because to be honest it is too much to process and alot of paperwork. Please don't get stressed out. Take one step at a time and keep bothering them about appointments. At the mean time do as much research a possible and activities and engage with your little lady. Good luck! 

• thank you for replying now I have had time to get my head around the fact the pediatric doctor agrees with me (which was a bit of a shock) when you hear about so many parents fighting hard to be listened to and he just agreed ?? he sent me a report that he also sent to diagnostic team stating clinical evaluation she made no eye contact and played solitary and that she seemed to be obsessed with pencils which I already knew but stated everything else was normal..... I have decided to relax enjoy my girl, but yes keep my eye on the awaited appointments like all parents on here a diagnosis is too important so we can get the right support systems but in place.  

• thank you for replying now I have had time to get my head around the fact the pediatric doctor agrees with me (which was a bit of a shock) when you hear about so many parents fighting hard to be listened to and he just agreed ?? he sent me a report that he also sent to diagnostic team stating clinical evaluation she made no eye contact and played solitary and that she seemed to be obsessed with pencils which I already knew but stated everything else was normal..... I have decided to relax enjoy my girl, but yes keep my eye on the awaited appointments like all parents on here a diagnosis is too important so we can get the right support systems but in place.  

Children
No Data