Blue badge

Has anyone been successful in blue badge application under the new scheme . If yes can u advise me on the process, what should I include in my sons application...thxx

• Its actually possible to be too disabled to qualify, if you score 12 on the taking a journey section on a PIP assessment you will not qualify for a Blue Badge as you are deemed to be unable to get around without assistance, and your assistant means you don't need a blue badge (this is straight from the mouth of the Dept for Transport), however a score of 10 and no other will automatically get you a badge.

• Thank you I will do as you have advised and see what happens. 

• Yes we received it last week. I’m not sure but they said from the supporting evidence they had originally seen they didn’t think it showed what we were saying about his needs (although it did).

i had to put in writing that I wasn’t happy with the decision and wished to appeal it (I emailed them stating this). I imagine if you were to do this another department will look at your application and possibly send you out a form to be filled in as evidence like they did with my son. 

I hope you get it sorted.

• Okay so you managed to get the blue badge, do you think it was due to the fact that you had mentioned he was not assessed under the new law?

Because I have really bad anxiety and public transport causes me to have meltdowns at work and I can't afford to loose my job and its a snowball effect that  has lead to me having a nervous breakdown before,

Anyway I was told today that my application had failed due to me only needing the blue badge for parking and getting to work. 

What would you advise, as you have managed to succeed in obtaining the Blue badge? 

• Hi I recently received a blue badge for my son who has learning disabilities and awaiting a diagnosis of asd. I completed the application which they originally refused so I appealed it. They asked for further information (before refusing) so I sent in his ehcp and any supporting evidence suggesting he was a danger to himself. But they came back saying he could walk and didn’t see how he was a risk to himself. So when I appealed I said I didn’t feel they had assessed him under the new law as they mentioned about walking so they gave me a form to have filled in by a professional which I had completed by his ot who included great information about his needs and how he has no awareness of danger etc and they then honoured the badge for him.