Feeling Guilty

Hi all

I have been struggling with guilt regarding feeling overwhelmed with the prediagnosis journey I am on with my 14 year old. I feel I have no right as I am not the one living with the condition. I am always positive in public and with my family and I know that really it's not a big deal.... but sometimes it's just too much for me to get my head around.

Am I the only one?

Parents
  • The journey is long and stressful and I was so desperate for my son to get the diagnosis I felt he needed that it was all I could think about at times. He seemed to plod on and I was the one finding it hard lol.  It is really worrying and it would be more strange if you wasnt affected by the process. They are the ones living with the condition yes but you are also having to be a support to them in their journey. Dont feel guilty. Good honest parents are the most guilt ridden people in the world lol. We should remember to give ourselves a break more often. Good luck. Xxx

• The journey is long and stressful and I was so desperate for my son to get the diagnosis I felt he needed that it was all I could think about at times. He seemed to plod on and I was the one finding it hard lol.  It is really worrying and it would be more strange if you wasnt affected by the process. They are the ones living with the condition yes but you are also having to be a support to them in their journey. Dont feel guilty. Good honest parents are the most guilt ridden people in the world lol. We should remember to give ourselves a break more often. Good luck. Xxx

Children
No Data