My son does Strange things with his eyes

I can’t seem to see this anywhere but point me in right direction is I’m wrong. 

My 3 year old son was diagnosed with autism in December by a pedestrian who said there was no need for testing as he had clear signs. He then discharged us and sent a letter of diagnosis. We have up until last month had no support from any other services. He is due to start school in September and the school keep asking why he has been diagnosed so young. That only the start of the problems. 

I have voiced my concerns about what my son does to the health visitor, doctors and pedestrian but I don’t get a straight answer. From the moment he could start walking my son would walk up and down along side the table or door with his head facing forward but looking out the corner of his eyes towards the object. And he would do this for a good 10-15 minutes. For around 3 months he stopped doing it then I noticed he would pick up a toy car or train and move the that object in front of his eyes in the same sort of manner. By the tome he was 2 he was going to group/play theory and he completely stopped doing it for about 6 months. Then he recently started doing it again. When we took him out for the day to Hampton court palace he started to do it on the ropes around the palace. Lots of people where staring at him and if you ask him to stop he gets very aggregated. Could this be a part of his autism? Does it sound like a coping mechanism to stress? I know it’s not a sight problem as he has 20:20 vision

Parents
  • I have always been fascinated by the effect that 3 dimensional space has on matter and perspective. Certain object shapes "resonate" with me: angles, surfaces, color, texture...All require examining from a variety of angles, distances and perspectives. i was something that gave me lots of pleasure as a child but was also something that no one outside of my head ever understood. it might be something similar.

• I have always been fascinated by the effect that 3 dimensional space has on matter and perspective. Certain object shapes "resonate" with me: angles, surfaces, color, texture...All require examining from a variety of angles, distances and perspectives. i was something that gave me lots of pleasure as a child but was also something that no one outside of my head ever understood. it might be something similar.

Children
No Data